Binnur's Turkish Cookbook

TurkishCookbook.com - Delicious, healthy and easy-to-make Ottoman & Turkish recipes

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Turkish Pasta Recipes

13/02/15: Turkish Noodles with Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Kurutulmus Domatesli Eriste).
22/10/14: Turkish Noodles with Keş/Kurut/Sürk (Keşli Erişte - Safranbolu).
02/04/14: Turkish Noodles with Artichoke-Ricotta Sauce (Enginarlı Lorlu Erişte - Aegean Region).
26/12/13: Turkish Noodles with Chicken & How To Roast The Whole Chicken (Tavuklu Erişte).
28/10/13: Spinach Pasta with Walnuts (Ispanaklı-Cevizli Makarna).
29/04/13: Chicken and Mushroom Pasta (Tavuklu Mantarli Yogurtlu Makarna).
08/10/12: Antep Style Chicken Pasta (Antep Usulu Tavuklu Makarna - Gaziantep-Southeast Anatolia Region).
29/08/12: Turkish Egg Noddles with Yogurt-Mint Sauce (Eriste Borani - Erzincan-Eastern Anatolia Region).
04/06/12: Spinach Noodle Casserole (Firinda Ispanakli Eriste).
12/03/12: Noddles with Smoked Salmon and Fennel (Fume Somonlu Rezeneli Eriste).
25/01/12: Pasta with Ground Beef and Tomato (Kiymali-Domatesli Makarna).
14/11/11: Chickpeas Pasta (Nohutlu Makarna).
23/09/11: Farm Noodles (Ciftlik Eristesi).
23/05/11: Vetetable Pasta (Sebzeli Makarna).
04/04/11: Turkish Eggplant Pasta (Patlicanli Makarna).
21/02/11: Pasta with Salmon (Somonlu Makarna).
18/11/10: Pasta with Tomato Sauce (Domatesli Makarna).
01/03/10: Turkish Lamb-Eggplant Pasta (Kıymalı-Patlıcanlı Makarna).
07/08/09: Pasta with Feta Cheese (Beyaz Peynirli Makarna).
06/05/09: Ground Beef Pasta Casserole (Firinda Kiymali Makarna).
20/10/08: Ground Beef Pasta with Yogurt Sauce (Yogurtlu Kiymali Makarna).
20/06/08: Turkish Noodles with Mushrooms (Mantarli Eriste).
01/08/07: Pasta with Yogurt Sauce (Yogurtlu Makarna).
11/03/07: Turkish Macaroni and Cheese (Firinda Makarna).
17/09/06: Turkish Noodles with Arugula - How to make Eriste (Rokali Eriste).
12/06/06: Turkish Noodles with Mixed Vegetables (Sebzeli Eriste).
01/12/05: Egg Noodles with Tomato (Domatesli Eriste).

20 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Turk-E-Nomics said...

Could you put the recipe of macaroni with feta cheese and parsley. I know its simple but still a great dish.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Levent,
It is one of my favourite dish too and love it:) Very soon I am going to post it for you:)
Sevgilerimle,

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been using your website since returning from Turkey - thank you so much for allowing me to bring a bit of Turkey back home and share it with my friends here.

Could you post a recipe for mantı? It was one of my favorite dishes, and I would love to try my hand at making it myself.

Çok teşekküler!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Michelle,
I've already post manti recipe. Here is the address;
http://www.turkishcookbook.com/2005/04/manti.php
On the site, below the google ads on the right, there's a search box.
So you can search on my site if "TC" is selected, it will help you to find any recipe that I post:)
Sevgilerimle,

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Binnur,

My friend's Grandmother who is turkish makes a dish with a name and look similar to Firinda Makarna but i think she uses helumi and there is also a meat it is similar to lasagna! and although i can not spell it it sounds more like makarana firinda, do you know what this is and are you able to post this recipe?

kind regards

Lia

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Lia,
What you are asking is Firinda Kiymali Makarna. I am going to post in the future:)

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about manti??

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

It is under the Pastries section:)

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i am using this site to help me for school in FACS class. This has been very helpful! Thank you!!









-Angela Marie

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

You're very welcome Angela Marie:)

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Binnur,
My boyfriend, Erkan, will be arriving to the US in June. I am so excited! His favorite food is macaroni and I am at a loss for what would be a "typical" Turkish Macaroni. He is from the Kharmanmaraş area if that makes any difference. If you could post a 'basic' macaroni recipe (I am gathering he likes it with meat and tomatoes) I would be very grateful!

Çok teşekkür ederim!
Susan

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Sibel Mete said...

Hi Binnur,

I love your website. It has been so useful to me over the past years since I moved to U.S. Your recipes are quick and easy to make.

Could you please post the recipe for Chicken Alfredo and how to make the sauce?

Thank You

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Binnur,

My father used to cook pasta without draining the water. Do you know the measurement for 1 package of Makarna if I don't want to drain it and then, run cold water over it? I believe that Makarna loses all of its vitamin and taste, once you run it with cold water after cooking.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi,
If the pasta is cooked without draining the water (like pilav), it gets sticky. Therefore, the water should be drained after the cooking.
Rinsing the pasta washes the starch off, so the sauce will not be able to stick to the pasta. I don't rinse the pasta, I just strain.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
A friend of mine gave me a recipe for a cream sauce with, onion, blue cheese and tarragon. She had been told it was a turkish sauce? I usually use it with pasta, but it can also be used with rice , fish and chicken.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi,
It is not a traditional Turkish recipe:) Sure, you can use for fish, meat or chicken or as a dressing:)

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Nikola said...

Merhaba Binnur
My mother-in-law is from gaziantep but we live in australia and she makes pasta with salca. Do you know of any recipes with pasta and salca? Sometimes she will add ground beef and sometimes chicken

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Merhaba Nikola
I am going to post one of them for you:)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Julio Rodrigo said...

I July, I could say Binnur Istanbul which sites are the most beautiful apart from Topkapi Palace and the Basilica of Santa Maria. I'm going to go there this summer. Please answer me soon. Thank

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Julio,

There are several things to do in Istanbul, however a good idea is to use a local guide that can help to find the most interesting things to do in Istanbul:)

-Topkapı Palace
-Visiting the Grand Bazaar
-Ferry around the Bosphorus
-Hang out under the Galata bridge
-The truly breathtaking Haghia Sophia
-Egyptian Bazaar
-Galata Tower which has 360-degree viewing gallery
-Dolmabahçe Palace
-The city’s most famous meyhane district is the Çiçek Pasajı (Flower Passage), an elegant 19th century arcade located just off Istiklal Caddesi.
-The tourist-savvy Çemberlitaş Hamamı, Cağaloğlu Hamamı and Galatasaray Hamamı
-Take a spin with the Whirling Dervishes, at the Galata Mevlevihanesi, the dervishes perform twice a month exclusively for tourists and thrice a week they can be caught in a bustling waiting room at Sirkeci train station.
-Escape to the Princes’ Islands

 

Post a Comment

<< Home