Binnur's Turkish Cookbook

TurkishCookbook.com - Delicious, healthy and easy-to-make Ottoman & Turkish recipes

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Turkish Pilaf Recipes

23/10/17: Bulgur Pilaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Kuru Domatesli Bulgur Pilavı).
07/03/17: Orzo Pilaf with Black-Eyed Peas (Börülceli Arpa Şehriye Pilavı).
18/08/16: Bulgur Pilaf with Fennel (Rezeneli Bulgur Pilavı).
01/02/16: Kırdo (Kırdo , Erzincan).
08/12/15: Bulgur Pilaf with Sun-Dried Vegetables (Çarpana Aşı).
08/10/15: Rice Pilaf with Asparagus (Kuşkonmazlı Pilav).
31/07/15: Seafood Pilaf (Deniz Mahsulleri Pilavı).
08/07/15: Lamb Pilaf with Artichokes (Kuzu Etli Enginar Pilavi).
01/05/15: Pub-Style Bulgur Pilaf (Meyhane Pilavı).
02/03/15: Leek Bulgur Pilaf (Pırasa Aşı).
06/02/15: Pilaf with Lamb and Mushrooms (Mengen Pilavı - Bolu - Black Sea Region).
16/01/15: Pilaf with Cabbage (Lahanali Pilav).
02/12/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Chestnuts and Quince (Kestaneli Ayvali Bulgur Pilavi).
07/11/14: Rice Pilaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Kurutulmuş Domatesli Pirinç Pilavı).
10/10/14: Cumin-Red Pepper Bulgur Dish (Kimyonlu Biberli Bulgur Aşı - Antakya).
22/08/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Egg Noodles (Erişteli Bulgur Pilavı).
21/07/14: Lamb Pilaf with Morello Cherries (Etli Vişneli Pilav - Erzurum).
30/06/14: Harem Pilaf (Harem Pilavı - Ottoman Kitchen).
23/06/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Swiss Chard (Pazılı Bulgur Pilavı).
02/06/14: Bulgur with Tomatoes and Ground Beef (Bulgurlu Domates Yemeği - Turhal - Black Sea Region).
07/05/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Beetroot (Pancar Aşı).
14/04/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Fresh Fava Beans (Taze Baklalı Bulgur Pilavı - Antakya - Mediterranean Region).
26/03/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Carrots (Gizer Pilavı).
17/03/14: Marmaris Pilaf (Marmaris Pilavı - Muğla - Aegean Region).
19/02/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Green Lentils (Mercimekli Bulgur Pilavi - Turhal - Black Sea Region).
10/02/14: Mussel Pilaf (Midyeli Pilav / Midye Salma - Istanbul).
22/01/14: Bulgur Pilaf with Carrots and Leeks (Pirçikli Aş - East Anatolia Region).
29/12/13: Rice Pilaf with Cherries and Almonds (Vişneli Pirinç Pilavı - Ottoman Kitchen).
27/11/13: Bulgur Pilaf with Chickpeas (Nohutlu Bulgur Pilavi - South East Anatolia Region).
04/11/13: Bulgur Pilaf with Lamb and Chestnuts (Kuzu Etli Kestaneli Bulgur Pilavı / Sebzeli Bulgur).
25/10/13: Bulgur Pilaf with Vermicelli and Eggs (Yumurtalı Şehriyeli Bulgur Pilavı - Barak Türkmen - Nizip Gaziantep).
16/09/13: Bulgur Pilaf with Walnuts (Cevizli Bulgur Pilavı).
09/09/13: Phyllo Pastry Stuffed with Chicken Pilaf (Çullama - Aegean Region).
04/09/13: Antep Style Tomato Bulgur Pilaf (Domatesli Aş - Gaziantep).
03/07/13: Bulgur Pilaf with Flat Green Beans (Taze Fasulyeli Bulgur Pilavı).
22/05/13: Bulgur Pilaf with Watercress (Tere Aşı).
08/04/13: Fresh Herb and Mushroom Pilaf (Alafaşı aka Otlu Pilav - Antalya - Mediterranean Region).
18/02/13: Saffron Bulgur Pilaf with Dried Mulberries (Safranli Dutlu Bulgur Pilavi).
28/01/13: Pilaf with Chicken and Carrot (Tavuklu Havuclu Pilav).
23/01/13: Long Squash with Bulgur (Kabak Kabugu Kavurmasi - Turhal - Black Sea Region).
29/11/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Grape Leaves (Yaprak Buğulama - Gaziantep - Southeast Anatolia Region).
12/11/12: Quince Pilaf (Ayvali Sacakli Pilav).
17/09/12: Rice Pilaf with Artichokes (Enginarli Pilav).
24/08/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Fresh Figs and Walnuts (Taze Incirli Bulgur Pilavi).
03/08/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Eggplant (Baldircan Asi).
23/07/12: Tomato Couscous (Domatesli Kuskus).
27/06/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Purslane (Semizotlu Bulgur Pilavi aka Pırparlı Bulgur Pilavı).
25/05/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Zucchini (Gabak Basti - Erzincan).
10/05/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Milk (Lepe/Sutlu Pilav - Kirsehir - Central Anatolia Region).
09/04/12: Lamb Pilaf with Chickpeas-Raisin and Almonds (Divrigi Pilavi - Sivas).
15/02/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Turkish Pastrami (Pastirmali Bulgur Pilavi).
13/01/12: Bulgur Pilaf with Lamb (Etli Bulgur Pilavi).
23/11/11: Pomegranate Bulgur Pilaf (Nar Aşı).
19/10/11: Pistachio Pilaf (Fistikli Pilav).
16/09/11: Bulgur Pilaf with Mushrooms (Mantarli Bulgur Pilavi).
05/08/11: Couscous with Zucchini (Kabakli Kuskus).
24/06/11: Bulgur Pilaf with Shelled Fava Beans (Ic Baklali Bulgur Pilavi - Hatay).
15/04/11: Chicken Pilaf (Tavuklu Pilav).
18/03/11: Bulgur Pilaf with Shrimp (Karidesli Bulgur Pilavi).
10/01/11: Pilaf with Lentil and Chickpeas (Muceddere).
19/08/10: Maklube.
11/06/10: Ozbek Pilaf (Ozbek Pilavi).
12/03/10: Pilaf with Ground Beef (Kiymali Pilav).
13/09/09: Saffron Pilaf (Safranli Pilav).
18/08/09: Aegean Style Vegetable Pilaf (Ege Usulu Sebzeli Pilav).
25/05/09: Pilaf with Eggplant (Patlicanli Pilav).
08/03/09: Chicken Pilaf Wrapped in Pastry (Kobete).
25/12/08: Mushroom Pilaf Casserole (Guvecte Mantarli Pilav - Istanbul).
09/07/08: Bulgur Pilaf with Vermicelli and Grilled Sujuk (Sehriyeli Bulgur Pilavi ve Sucuk Izgara - Mardin - Southeast Anatolia Region).
20/02/08: Bulgur Pilaf with Black-eyed Peas (Loglazli Pilav / Borulceli Bulgur Pilavi).
12/01/08: Mevlana Pilaf (Mevlana (Tekke) Pilavi - Konya).
23/12/07: Pilaf with Chicken Liver (Ic Pilav).
15/11/07: Pilaf with Chickpeas (Nohutlu Pilav).
12/07/07: Bulgur Pilaf with Roasted Vegetables (Kozlenmis Sebzeli Bulgur Pilavi).
01/04/07: Pilaf with Lamb and Eggplant (Patlicanli Etli Pilav).
14/03/07: Apricot Couscous (Kayisili Kuskus).
24/02/07: Turkish Rice Pilaf (Pilav).
19/02/07: Bulgur Pilaf with Spinach (Ispanakli Bulgur Pilavi).
11/01/07: Istanbul Pilaf (Istanbul Pilavi).
26/11/06: Pilaf with Orange and Shrimp (Portakalli - Karidesli Pilav - Istanbul).
21/06/06: Ezo Gelin Pilaf (Ezo Gelin Pilavi).
20/04/06: Couscous (Kuskus).
20/02/06: Sultan's Pilaf (Sultan Pilavi).
06/01/06: Pilaf with Sweet Peas (Bezelyeli Pilav).
23/09/05: Pilaf with Almonds (Bademli Pilav).
14/08/05: Bulgur Pilaf (Bulgur Pilavi).
03/06/05: Pilaf with Tomato (Domatesli Pilav).
25/03/05: Pilaf with Orzo (Sehriyeli Pilav).
16/03/05: Pilaf with Lamb (Etli Pilav).

42 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your food is great.

I am 6 I like your food.
Emre

Hi Binnur,
The above messages are from my children age 9 and 6. Everytime I use one of your recipes it turns out perfect! My husband who is Turkish tells me that some are better than his mothers. Eliniz sal lik!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Emre,
I would like you to know how much I appreciated your comment, thank
you very much:) If there are any Turkish dishes you'd like to see on
the site, don't hesitate to tell me :)
hugs,
Binnur

To a lovely Mum,
Thank you very much for your kind comment. You and your whole family
made my day:)
Senin de ellerine saglik....
Sevgilerimle,

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i like you recipes they are great!! im turkish cypriot im 9! my name is Ayse take a look at my website www.xfashionxangelx.piczo.com
:D byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxxxxx

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Ayse,
I just visited your site. It is lovely and fun, especially for a 9
year old:) I wish you the best, I'll visit again time to time:)

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

merhaba Binnur I AM 14 and love your cooking i am turkish also and love new recipes and was wondering if you could give me the recipe to farin markanasi and some more new sweet deserts many thanks love senel xx

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Senel:)
I'm glad you like my recipes:) Sure I will post Firinda Makarna for
you soon...and more sweet dessert recipes too:)
Take care,

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently had a delicious pilaf that had chicken and chestnuts in it. Would love it if you could find a recipe for it... It's a perfect winter dish!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Jules,
It's called Kestaneli Pilav (Pilaf with Chestnuts), and sure, I will
post it for you soon:) You
are right, it is a perfect winter dish:)

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Binnur apla ,could you please tell me the correct recipe for bulgur pilaf as i am told many and would like the correct as i enjoy it very much ... many thanks take care xxx Senel

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Senel,
I already posted Bulgur Pilaf with tomato and green pepper. This week
I am going to post Bulgur Pilaf with Spinach, if you like don't add
spinach, then you will have very simple Bulgur Pilaf:) I hope you will like it...
Sevgilerimle,

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Binnur

What a lovely place for people enjoing turkish food (I beleive there are many!!)
I am Israeli, have been in Turkey many many times with my wotk and always liked to end my meals with Sutlac but never had the recipie.
Now i found yours , will try and let you know but it sounds deicious

Once again , thanks
Mia

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Mia,
Thank you for the nice compliment:) I hope you will like it.
Take care,

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

35 years ago in a cookbook that since has been lost was a recipe for turkish rice........it called for gd meat(I used beef)with onions and garlic being browned in large skillet and adding rice cooking til rice was golden then liquid was added and some other ingredients.........my then 2 year old ate and ate it and I loved it then we moved and the book got lost......or I cant find it in my 140 cookbooks collection.......would love to have it as I fixed it til he was about 8 years old and he is 38 now and would like to try it on his 4 year old that loves rice recipes.
thanks for any help.....
carol in Oklahoma

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Carol,
What a nice story, I loved it:) There are some variations for Kiymali
Pilav (Pilaf with Ground Beef) on the ingredients other than ground
beef and rice. Do you remember what kind of vegetables were in it? It
can be a mixture of sweet peas, carrots and potatoes or just grated
tomatoes or chickpeas...it would help me to give you exactly what you
are asking:)

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,

this site is great!im from romania and my boyfriend is turkish and i want to cook for him from the turkish cuisine!thnks

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful recipes! Your site makes me wish for Istanbul. I'm wondering if you have a rice recipe I ate in Istanbul. It had zucchini and fresh mint in it. Does this sound like a recipe you might know of? Thanks. Susan

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Eve,
Thank you:) I love Zucchini Pilaf, it is very refreshing, light and easy to do. I'll post it in the future:)

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi binnur,
how are you? i have studied in turkey and i love turkish food. this is a wonderful website. could you please post the recipe of maklube? thank you.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Nicky I am Indian but my boyfriend is Turkish.... he really loves Pasta with tomato sauce and also Iskender (Doner) Kebap can u please help me with its recipe....

I really love what u doing its fun easy and intresting as its a foreign cuisine for me ...keep up the awesome job

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Nicky,
I've already posted Iskender Kebap recipe, here is the address:
http://www.turkishcookbook.com/2005/10/iskender-kebab.php
On the site, below the google ads on the right, there's a search box. So you can search on my site if "TC" is selected, it will help you to find any recipe that I post.
Take care,

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi would the plain pilaf be the rice you get served with your meals in turkey?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Angela,
Yes, it is Turkish Rice Pilaf that I've already posted:)

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe for Perde Pilav? My American parents absolutely loved it when they came to visit us in Turkey (my husband is Turkish) and have asked us to make it for them when they come to visit over the holidays (this time in America).

Thanks for this great website! I often turn to it when trying to decide what to cook for dinner and everything always turns out great :))

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi,
Thank you:)I have a pretty long wish list and Perde Pilavi is one of
them. I am going to post in the future:)
Take care,

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, im american and my parents are chilean But my soon to be husband is turkish. Do you have a recipe and calorie count for keskek pilav(erzurum) pilav?
i enjoyed your website very much :)
thank you,
marya

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Binnur,

My name is Leila and I live in Canada. I have been searching for Turkish Recipies, I could say for years. I have not found a nice, well put together, easy direction recipes. I'm so glad I have your website from a friend of mine. Thank you so much for your effort, and making life easier for me. I love every recipe you have. Sagol! :-)

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please can you add a recipe for split wheat, dogme bugday, as a salad/pilav/side rather than a porridge or pudding. as an experiment until you tell me better I am going to try with mint, lemon zest, olives, and capers. Can you suggest something more authentic. Thank you very much joel from london

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Binnur,

I want to tell you that your website is VERY helpful and successful Mashallah. I tried the rice pudding, and it turned out EXCELLENT. Im intenting to buy your book Inshalla because I want to have it in my kitchen. By the way you have a beautiful name and I m going to name my first born daughter Binoor. I know the spelling is different because Im Moroccan and my husband is Turkish cypriot, and we were looking for a modern name that Turks and Arbs familiar with it. the meaning of Binoor in arabics is With Noor/light.
I m sorry if I wrote a so long email.
Sha'eban Mubarak.
Meriem

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Selam Meriem:)
I appreciate all the comments and mails. Please do not hesitate to write to me anytime.
It is so nice to be given my name your first born daughter. I am honoured! Thank you:)
"Bin" means thousand, "nur" means light in Turkish.
I wish you all the best!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Sara said...

merhaba binnur
firstly thank you so much for your website! i lived in turkey with my family for a year and we loved the everything about it. after the turkish people, the thing we miss most is the food :) i am pregnant and was craving borek and was so happy to see the recipe on your website and even more happy as i sat down to eat it! :) when we were in turkey there was a restaurant we ate at and the served "Uzbeki pilauf" would you know what that is? i know it says uzbeki but we ate it in istanbul so i wondered if you would have any idea about it.
thank you and best of luck with all your plans for the website

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Merhaba Sara,
Thank you:) I am going to post Ozbek Pilavi in the future:)

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Binnur,

I like your site very much. In fact it is the only site I go to when I want to make Turish food. I've tried some marinated fish dishes (sardins with lemon juice, cupura with lemon,mustard etc) in Istanbul and I like them a lot. Do you have any such recipes?

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger omar-scorpio said...

Merhaba Binnur, I am Mexican living in california and I have been to Turkey twice, I love your country, your people, your food. my friends call me "the Turk" and I have been able to impressed them with some of your recipes. Today I am cooking Tavuk tava for my family visiting from Mexico. Thank you for sharing this part of your culture that i love so much.
Omar

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Jennifer Yilmaz said...

Just tried the pilaf orzo and it was a hit with my Turkish husband. Thank-you for providing easy authentic Turkish recipes!

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am Greek and my grandparents were Greeks from Konya and Nigde. The scents and tastes of the dishes based on your recipes reminds us of our grandmother's Sunday lunches when all the family got together. That was happiness...

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i am your fan from Bulgaria .i have a question to you .is typical pilaf dish with pasta or without ?tnx a lot. Rubina

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Rubina,
The pilaf dish is made with rice (not pasta):)

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, do you have a recipe for Dolma, I have dried peppers but I'm not sure how long to boil them for and quantities for the filling. I'm going to try out some of your recipes this weekend, my husband is Turkish and I love the food but I would like to make Sarma and Dolma for him, appreciate your help, Sonja

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Binnur said...

Hi Sonja,

I've not posted the regular stuffed pepper and eggplant recipes yet. But I've posted
Stuffed Dried Eggplants with Walnuts (Cevizli Kuru Patlican Dolmasi)
http://english.turkishcookbook.com/2007/01/stuffed-dried-eggplants-with-walnuts.html
This recipe will give you an idea about how it is cooked.

Soak the dried peppers in hot water for half an hour and drain. The filling is the regular beef filling for dolmas.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your help

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Becky Striggow said...

Hi Binnur,
I love you recipes and actually have your cookbook, but it's packed away while we're working on the kitchen. I'm looking for a recipe that was served to us at a dinner in Izmir. It was a rice pilaf, with pine nuts, currants, and chicken broth. It may have had chopped chicken liver in it. I hope you can help me.
Becky

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Binnur said...

Thank you Becky ! What you ask is İç Pilav / Pilaf with Chicken Liver. Here is the link to the recipe. Enjoy it!

http://english.turkishcookbook.com/2007/12/pilaf-with-chicken-liver.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home